What are your hours?
Our office hours are Monday thru Friday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and Saturdays 8:00 am – 2:00 pm. We have office and surgery appointments on weekday mornings and afternoons, and some Saturday mornings. Patients are seen by appointment. Please call ahead to schedule an appointment. We reserve a few appointments each day for urgent care situations. These appointments are filled 24 hours or less before the time of the appointment. These urgent care appointments do have a higher fee than routine office appointments.
We are located at 15175 State Highway 131, Tomah, WI 54660. For more detailed driving directions and map, please click here.
What forms of payment do you accept?
At Tomah Veterinary Clinic we are proud to be part of a team whose primary mission is to deliver the finest and most comprehensive health care available today. In addition we are also dedicated to making top-quality care as cost effective as possible.
Our payment policy: Payment is due at time of treatment.
To assist you with your health care investment, we provide the following payment options:
- Cash – includes money orders and personal check
- Credit and Debit Cards - Visa/MasterCard/Discover
- Care Credit – the financing plan we offer as a separate line of credit to cover you and your family members’ health care needs.
With Care Credit you enjoy these benefits:
- Credit decision usually only takes a few minutes
- No annual fees or pre-payment penalties
- If Care Credit is your preferred option, you can begin any necessary treatment immediately and spread the payments out over time. For more information, please ask a receptionist for an application or visit their website at www.carecredit.com.
- Flexible financing options
- Simple, friendly payment plans
- Finding your plan will not affect your credit score
- Visit their website at https://scratchpay.com/ for more information
What if I have an after hours emergency?
Tomah Veterinary Clinic provides basic emergency service for our current clients in good standing. For after hours emergencies we use an answering service and share on call duties with the several local veterinarians and veterinary clinics. For more details, see our After Hours Emergency section.
What is your prescription policy?
A legal veterinary client patient relationship must exist before we can dispense any prescription medications (including all heartworm preventions and antibiotics). If your pet has not been seen recently, or for the current problem, the veterinarian may require an exam before prescribing or renewing a medication. Please call ahead to refill prescriptions whenever possible to allow us to have your medications ready for you. We reserve the right to charge a $10 prescription fee when writing prescriptions to outside pharmacies to help cover the cost of medical record keeping.
What is your spay and neuter policy?
Here at Tomah Veterinary Clinic we happily donate a lot of time to helping local shelters and shelter pets. Shelter over-crowding, growing numbers of puppy mills, commercial kennels, and pet stores that sell puppies and kittens is a growing concern in Monroe County and across the state of Wisconsin. With this in mind our clinic has chosen to adopt a spay/neuter policy, and requests that all new healthy pets be spayed or neutered within six months of becoming our patients. For more details about this policy and why we choose to make this request of our clients, please see our Spay and Neuter section.